IIEST Shibpur Alumni Network is the official alumni association of the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, formerly known as Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur. We are managed by the organization GAABESU (Global Alumni Association of Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur).
Our mission is to reach, serve and engage all alumni, faculty, and students of our institute to foster a lifelong intellectual and emotional connection between our beloved institute and its graduates; and to enhance the infrastructural and academic capability of the institute.
Our primary goals include, but are not limited to:
- To systematically uplift the image and status of the Institute, both nationally and internationally;
- To project nationally and internationally the Institute and its contribution to the engineering profession;
- To develop networking between the present and future alumni on a common platform on a continuing basis;
- To become the voice of the alumni in all matters related to the betterment of the Institute;
- To foster continuing professional/academic development by drawing support from achievers amongst the alumni in their respective fields;
- To maintain the honor and dignity of the fellow alumni as well as to maintain camaraderie and fraternity amongst the ex-students of the Institute by promoting social and cultural association amongst themselves;
- To maintain an up-to-date register of alumni of the Institute with their qualifications and addresses;
- To associate with the Institute for arranging and holding annual re-union of the past and present students;
- To maintain a benevolent fund to help individual member of the Institute community in distress;
- To help the Institute to organize national and international seminars/congresses/workshops/ conferences/symposia on selected topics of science & technology to strengthen/share the knowledge base of the engineering community;
- To help the Institute to organize series of lectures to be delivered by renowned scientists, technologists, economists, etc. on cutting edge technology, social issues, community services, etc.;
- To help the Institute to grow, expand and excel with respect to the creation and dissemination of knowledge and development of innovative technology serving the need of our country as a whole and the world over;
- To help the Institute to contribute towards development of indigenous technology and provide technical leadership;